The Office of University Relations supports the strategic goals of the campus — as articulated in UMass Lowell 2020 and the Pillars of Excellence — through a range of carefully targeted communications and outreach efforts.
The office reaches critical audiences through print, electronic and web-based communications; marketing and branding; major campus events; and media, government and community relations.
Examples of major efforts of the office include
- oversight of campus branding and messaging;
- management of the campus website;
- production of promotional material across all media;
- media relations;
- ensuring a flow of information to public officials; and
- building partnerships with public, private and nonprofit groups.