Going beyond the letter of the law with effective training can have significant positive effects on an organization, its acceptance within a community and, indeed, on its bottom line. Effective training has the capability of empowering workers so that they are more fully able to participate in the protection of their own health and safety. In doing so, they also are able to contribute to the health and safety of their co-workers and of the community at large around their place of employment. More and more businesses view training and other environmental, health and safety issues from a business strategy perspective rather than from the former pure cost of compliance standpoint.
Protects Against Public Relations Nightmares
A minor incident can quickly grow out of control, causing major spills or fires. A well-trained Hazmat team will contain spills or leaks in a timely fashion, before they become major problems.
Reduces Costs and Safeguards your Work Environment
A properly trained Hazmat team can
- Reduce worker’s compensation premiums
- Avoid OSHA fines
- Avoid lawsuits/litigation
- Avoid injury or even death.
Who Can Benefit from TNEC's Training?
- Employees who come into contact with hazardous waste and materials
- Employees who respond to hazardous work site situations and emergencies
- Management, Supervisors, Training leaders, Health and Safety officers, Material handlers, Drivers, and anyone else dealing with hazardous waste, and, or its by-products
- Municipal workers who come in contact with hazardous materials
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Heavy Industry
- Waste Facilities
- Pharmaceutical Synthesis
- Colleges and Universities
- State Environmental Agencies (in RI, MA, CT, VT, NH)
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- US Fish & Wildlife Services
- US Postal Service
- State/Municipal Public Works (in RI, MA, VT, NH)
- Fire Fighters throughout New England
- Police throughout New England