The Climate Action Plan Energy Conservation & Projects Subcommittee meets regularly to identify and plan the implementation of projects to reduce campus greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
The Energy Conservation and Project Subcommittee supports the implementation of the UMass Lowell Climate Action Plan (CAP) by:
- Developing energy conservation strategies
- Identifying and implementing energy conservation and greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction projects through the University’s Facilities Department
- Fostering the energy conservation culture by serving as project liaison to the other CAP subcommittees
- Assessing and implementing innovative technologies
- Creating sustainability standards for new construction and renovation
- Implementing cost effective and energy friendly utility procurements
- Providing data to be used for accurate reporting and analysis including university greenhouse gas emissions to the ACUPCC.
CAP Energy Subcommittee Materials
Read more about the UMass Lowell Facilities Management Department, Operation and Services, Energy Resources & Sustainability.