Mathematics education, integration of technology for teachers and students
- Ph D: Educational Research, Tests and Measurements, (1982), Boston College - Boston, MA
- MA: Mathematics, (1966), Boston University - Boston, MA
- BS: Mathematics, (1964), Boston College - Boston, MA
Selected Awards and Honors
- Athletic Department teaching excellence award (2001), Teaching - UMass Lowell
- Teaching Excellence Award (2001), Teaching - UMass Lowell, Athletic Department
- Student Government Association teaching excellence award for the College of Arts and Sciences, Science Division (2000), Teaching - UMass Lowell
- teaching excellence award for the College of Arts and Sciences, Science Division (2000), Teaching - UMass Lowell, Student Government Association
- Department of Mathematical Sciences teaching excellence award (1998), Teaching - UMass Lowell
- Teaching Excellence Award (1998), Teaching - UMass Lowell, Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Stick, M. (1999) "Maclaurin and Taylor Series for Transcendental Functions: A Graphing-Calculator View of Convergence," The Mathematics Teacher pp. 833–837
- Stick, M. (1997) "Calculus reform and graphing calculators: A university view," The Mathematics Teacher 90:5 pp. 356
- Sullivan, B.F., Grossbard, N., Stick, M. (1984) "Data Analysis Techniques for Vehicle Attitudinal, Positional and Experimental Measurements.," DTIC Document
- GROSSBARD, N., Stick, M., SULLIVAN, B. (1981) "Numerical and data analysis techniques applied to scientific research, 4[Final Report, 1 Jan. 1979- 31 Mar. 1981],"
- Sullivan, B.F., Stick, M., Mclnerney, R.E. (1977) "Special Utilization of Triaxial Magnetometer Measurements as Prime Attitude Determination Sensors," Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets 14:4 pp. 231–235
- Sullivan, B.F., Stick, M. (1976) "Attitude Determination System for Rockets Using Gyroscopic Platforms.," DTIC Document
- Stick, M. (1976) "Tricks with Number Theory.," MATYC Journal
- SULLIVAN, B., Stick, M., MARCOU, R. (1974) "Attitude determination techniques for rockets with inertial measuring systems(computation)[Final Report, 18 Oct. 1972- 17 Oct. 1974],"
- Marcou, R.J., Fioretti, R.W., Stick, M., Pruneau, P.N., Richards, E.N. (1973) "Satellite Data Processing Systems.," DTIC Document
- Stick, M. (1972) "ON WHAT DAY WERE YOU BORN?," The Mathematics Teacher pp. 73–75
- Roxborough, J.A., Sullivan, B.F., Marcou, R.J., Stick, M., Geezil, K.M. (1972) "Procedures for the Determination of the Attitude of a Rocket from Gyroscopic Data.," DTIC Document
- SULLIVAN, B., Stick, M., MARCOU, R. (1972) "Techniques for determining the vehicle attitude of rocket AH 7. 886(Techniques for determining attitude of rocket axis for vehicle AH 7. 886),"
- Marcou, R.J., Stick, M. (1967) "Aspect of the Axis and of a Vector Perpendicular to the Axis of the Satellite OV1-5," DTIC Document
- Stick, M. (1966) "Synthesis of a Time Dependent Communication Network,"
- Making Discoveries with Geometry Software - NCTM Eastern Regional Conference, November 2002 - Boston, MA
- Geometry and Discovery Learning, April 2002 - North Shore Community College, Danvers, MA
- Geometry Explorations - Annual Conference on Teaching for Transformation, January 2002 - University of Massachusetts Boston
- A Comparison of TI-83 and TI-89 Technology to Enhance Learning in a Multivariate Calculus Course - Conference on Mathematics and Quantitative Thinking in Massachusetts Public Institutions of Higher and Secondary Education, June 2000 - University of Massachusetts Boston
- Graphing Calculators Across the Calculus Curriculum - Special Session on Teaching Mathematics in the New Millennium, American Mathematical Society Regional Conference, April 2000 - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- A Graphing-Calculator View of Convergence - University of Massachusetts Instructional Technology Conference 2000 (ITC 2000), March 2000 - Sturbridge, MA
- Calculus Reform and Graphing Calculators Across Colleges of a University - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) annual meeting, April 1998 - Washington D.C.
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Focus on Mathematics (2011), Grant - UMass Lowell mathematician, study groups for Lawrence
- Teaching and Learning grant award to explore a two-tiered management calculus course sequence (2010), Grant - UMass, Lowell
- Massachusetts Title IIB Mathematical Experiences grant (2008), Grant - Massachusetts Science and Math partnership program
- Focus on Mathematics (2003), Sponsored Research - NSF and UMass, Lowell
- Mass MAJIC, high school Mathematics improvement (1998), Grant - UMass, Lowell
- PI: Task Force on Teaching and Learning Excellence (1994), Grant - UMass, Lowell
- Campus Performance Improvement Grant, "Mass MAJIC" (1996), Grant - Mass. Board of Higher Education
- Eisenhower Science and Mathematics Program Grant (1995), Grant - U.S. Department of Education