Skip to Main Content

UMass Lowell scales back Fall 2020 plan to minimize students, employees on campus. View the plan for more info.

Transferring from India

Transferring from a Three-Year University in India

If you wish to earn an undergraduate degree in CS at UMass Lowell you must satisfy certain course requirements.

Unless your undergraduate program closely approximates ours, many of your credits will not be usable in our CS major. Each of our requirements is satisfied by either transferring an equivalent course or by taking the course.  Because so many of the courses in our BS program are specified so precisely, this doesn't usually work well for students of three-year bachelor's degree programs and we don't recommend it.

If your three-year undergraduate program was in another discipline, we suggest you complete a four-year degree in that discipline. For example, if your three-year program was in Information Technology, it will be much easier to complete a BS in IT than computer science.