Most of these summer programs provide for a stipend, travel expenses and board:
- The Ohio State University SUCCESS Program
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) - M.D. / Ph.D. Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
There are a 15 programs that are available through Case Western.
- Des Moines University
This school has osteopathic, podiatric and PA programs.
- Focus on the Future summer program (ICO)
The Illinois College of Optometry (ICO) offers Focus on the Future summer program for underrepresented minority undergraduate students. The program is a weeklong experience that will expose undergraduate students to the profession of optometry in a variety of settings. Participants will have the opportunity to meet and work with current optometry students, ICO Faculty & Staff, as well as practicing optometrists.
- UMass Medical School College Summer Enrichment Program
- UMass Medical School Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- Summer Medical & Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
There are 12 schools associated with this program. Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP) is a FREE (full tuition, housing, and meals) six-week summer academic enrichment program that offers freshman and sophomore college students intensive and personalized medical and dental school preparation. Sometimes travel is included.
- Weill Cornell Medical School/ Rockefeller / Sloan-Kettering Gateways to The Laboratory Summer Program
Their summer program is a tri-institutional program in New York City for interested M.D./Ph.D. students.
- University of Pennsylvania-School of Veterinary Medicine
- Ohio University Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Summer Clinical Internship Program at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School