Vol. 20, Issue 11
Photo of the deployment of the University of Texas Dallas mobile LiDAR station on the cover.
1. Letizia, S., Zhan, L. and Iungo, G.V., 2021. LiSBOA (LiDAR Statistical Barnes Objective Analysis) for optimal design of lidar scans and retrieval of wind statistics–Part 2: Applications to lidar measurements of wind turbine wakes. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 14(3), pp.2095-2113.
2. Letizia, S., Zhan, L. and Iungo, G.V., 2021. LiSBOA (LiDAR Statistical Barnes Objective Analysis) for optimal design of lidar scans and retrieval of wind statistics–Part 1: Theoretical framework. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 14(3), pp.2065-2093.
3.Cao, D., Malakooti, S., Kulkarni, V.N., Ren, Y., Liu, Y., Nie, X., Qian, D., Griffith, D.T. and Lu, H., 2021. The effect of resin uptake on the flexural properties of compression molded sandwich composites. Wind Energy.
4. Beale, C., Niezrecki, C., and Inalpolat, M., “An adaptive wavelet packet denoising algorithm for enhanced active acoustic damage detection from wind turbine blades,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Volume 142, August 2020; DOI: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2020.106754.
5. Solimine, J., Niezrecki, C., and Inalpolat, M., “An experimental investigation into passive acoustic damage detection for structural health monitoring of wind turbine blades,” Structural Health Monitoring, January 3, 2020; DOI: 10.1177/1475921719895588
6. Dongyang Cao, Sadeq Malakooti, Vijay N Kulkarni, Yao Ren, Hongbing Lu, “Nanoindentation measurement of core-skin interphase viscoelastic properties in a sandwich glass composite,” Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, 2020, DOI: 10.1007/s11043-020-09448-y.pdf
7. Zhan, Lu, Stefano Letizia, and Giacomo Valerio Iungo. “Optimal tuning of engineering wake models through LiDAR measurements.” Wind Energy Science 5.4 (2020): 1601-1622.
8. Zhan, Lu, Stefano Letizia, and Giacomo Valerio Iungo. “LiDAR measurements for an onshore wind farm: Wake variability for different incoming wind speeds and atmospheric stability regimes.” Wind Energy 23.3 (2020): 501-527. DOI: 10.1002/we.2430
9. C. Santoni, E.J. Garcia-Cartagena, U. Ciri, L. Zhan, G.V. Iungo and S. Leonardi. One-way mesoscale-microscale coupling for simulating a wind farm in North Texas: Assessment against SCADA and LiDAR data; Wind Energy, 23 (3), 691-710, 2020.
10. Beale, C., Willis, D. J., Niezrecki, C., & Inalpolat, M. “Passive acoustic damage detection of structural cavities using flow-induced acoustic excitations.” Structural Health Monitoring. DOI: 10.1177/1475921719860389, 2019.
11. Beale, C., Inalpolat, M., & Niezrecki, C. Active acoustic damage detection of structural cavities using internal acoustic excitations. Structural Health Monitoring. DOI: 10.1177/1475921719835761, 2019.
12. Morris J., Hansen C. J., Amirkhizi, A. V. “Improved approximation of transverse and shear stiffness for high volume fraction uniaxial composites,” Mechanics of Materials, Vol. 129, 230-235, 2019.
13. Xiao, Y., Li, Y. and Rotea, M.A. “CART3 Field Tests for Wind Turbine Region-2 Operation with Extremum Seeking Controllers,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 1744 - 1752, July 2019.
14. Ciri U., M.A. Rotea, and S. Leonardi, “Effect of the turbine scale on yaw control,” Wind Energy, 2018, Vol. 21 (12), pp. 1395-1405.
15. Martin, R., Sabato, A., Giles, R., Schoenberg, A., and Niezrecki, C., “Comparison of nondestructive testing techniques for the inspection of wind turbine blades’ spar caps,” Wind Energy, DOI: 10.1002/we.2208, May, 2018.
16. Xiao Y., Y. Li, and M. A. Rotea, “CART3 Field Tests for Wind Turbine Region-2 Operation with Extremum Seeking Controllers,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, first published on line: April 2018, DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2018.2825450.
17. Iungo G. V., Santhanagopalan V., Ciri U., Viola F., Zhan L., Rotea M. A. and Leonardi S., “Parabolic RANS solver for low-computational-cost simulations of wind turbine wakes,” Wind Energy, Vol. 21, No. 3, March 2018, pp. 184-197.
18. Santhanagopalan V., M.A. Rotea, G.V. Iungo, “Performance optimization of a wind turbine column for different incoming wind turbulence,” Renewable Energy, Vol. 116, February 2018, pp. 232-24.
19. Willis, D. J., Niezrecki C., Kuchma, D., Hines, E., Arwade, S., Barthelmie, R. J., DiPaola, M., Drane, P. J., Hansen, C. J., Inalpolat, M., Mack, J. H., Meyers, A. T., and Rotea, M., “Wind Energy Research: State-of-the-Art and Future Research Directions,” Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 133-154, 2018.
20. Ciri U., Rotea M.A., Santoni C., Leonardi S., “Large-Eddy Simulation with Extremum Seeking Control for wind turbine array power optimization,” Wind Energy, Vol. 20 , No. 9, September 2017, pp. 1617-1634.
21. Ciri U., Rotea M.A. and Leonardi S. “Model-free Control of Wind Farms. A comparative study between individual and coordinated extremum seeking,” Renewable Energy, Vol. 113, December 2017, pp. 1033-45.
22. El-Asha S., Zhan L., Iungo G.V., “Quantification of power losses due to wind turbine wake interactions through SCADA, meteorological and wind LiDAR data,” Wind Energy, Vol. 20, No. 11, November 2017, pp. 1823- 1839.