The Offices of the Provost, Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation, the Transformational Education Committee, and the Faculty Development Council invite faculty and staff to join us for the:
2017 Faculty Symposium on Teaching, Learning, Research & Creative Works
Thursday, March 2
3 - 6:30 p.m.
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
This event will combine the Faculty Research and Teaching & Learning Symposium. The evening’s format will include the following:
- Keynote from Stephen Pennell, Ph.D., Recipient of the 2016 Manning Prize for Excellence in Teaching
- Keynote from Meg Bond, Ph.D., Director, Center for Women & Work and Director of the NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Project: Making WAVES (Women Academics Valued & Engaged in STEM)
- Interactive Demonstrations of Digital Measures
- 2016 Pedagogy Mini-Grant Panel Discussion
- Research Lightning Talks (Session I: 3:40 - 4:25 p.m.; Session II: 4:30 - 5:20 p.m.)
- Teaching Lightning Talks (Session II: 4:30 - 5:20 p.m.)
- Recognition of Faculty Departmental Awards
- Recognition of Faculty Research & Creative Works
- Remarks from UMass Lowell Chancellor Jacquie Moloney and Provost Michael Vayda
Please plan to attend the event and join in by submitting a topic for lightning talks. If you’re interested in teaching and research, this event should not be missed!
How To ReGISTER & SubmIT a LIGHTNING tALK
Please complete the online registration and lightning talk submission form.
- Submit topics by February 24, 2017
- Register by February 24, 2017
Please email Faculty_Symposium@uml.edu if you have questions.