Students are invited to participate in the judged poster presentation competition; the non-judged poster session; or enjoy the event as an attendee:
- Judged Poster Presentation Competition - This three minute judged presentation requires students to communicate their research confidently and concisely with only one slide. A brief, two-minute question and answer session will follow each presentation. Cash prizes will be awarded to top presenters. Read more about the Poster Presentation Competition.
- Non-judged Poster Session & Reception - The non-judged poster session provides a more casual way for students to share their research with peers, faculty, and industry experts. This session will take place during the reception. While there will not be a formal judging process with cash prizes for the poster session, there will be "fan favorite" voting along with prizes for those posters garnering the most votes. Read more about the Reception and Poster Session.
Important Dates and Deadlines - ALL PARTICIPANTS
- Saturday, April 1, midnight - Register as a Poster Presentation Competitor and/or Poster Session Participant
- Monday, April 3, midnight - Abstracts Due
- Friday, April 7, midnight - Posters Due (in .ppt format)
- Friday, April 14, 5 p.m. - Deadline to pick up posters at Research and Innovation Office (located on North Campus, Cumnock Hall, Room 109).
- Tuesday, April 18 - 20th Annual Student Symposium, ICC
The symposium will kick off at noon with judged poster sessions. Each college will have winners announced for best poster presentation - at least one winner for each college, but could be more based on number of submissions per college. The symposium is a showcase of the finest scholarly and creative work on campus, and as such, should be regarded as a professional commitment. Students planning on participating must be able to attend the event to present their poster.
Tentative Schedule of Events
- 11-11:45 a.m. - Check-In for Students Participating in Poster Presentation Competition
- Noon-2 p.m. - Judged Poster Presentation Sessions
- 1:30-2 p.m. - Check-In for Students Participating in Poster Reception
- 2-4 p.m. - Reception
- 3:15 p.m. - Poster Presentation Winners Announced by College
- 4 p.m. - Fan Favorite Winners Announced
Please follow the links below for detailed information:
Any questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.