Open to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students, the oral presentation competition provides an excellent opportunity to present your research to a panel of experienced judges, peers, faculty and guests. Cash prizes will be awarded to top presenters.
We also invite and encourage you to participate in our reception and poster session. Oral Presentation Competition prize winners will be announced, but the reception is also an opportunity to celebrate your research accomplishments, network with our industry partners, enter to win raffle prizes, and enjoy refreshments. Read more about the reception.
Presentation and Poster Guidelines
- Presentations are not to exceed 90 seconds. This requires students to communicate the significance of their research confidently and concisely using only one slide.
- All students are required to register online (coming soon) for the event prior to the deadline.
- Once registered, you must submit an abstract. Abstracts are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 13, 2018. Please note that due to limited space, abstracts are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once reaching maximum capacity, we are not able to accept abstracts regardless of the deadline date and time. For more detailed information regarding abstract process and guidelines, please visit Abstract Guidelines.
- Upon approval of your abstract by your faculty advisor, you will receive instructions on how to upload your poster slide. Posters are due by 11 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2018. Please note that we will be projecting your poster slide for the presentation, but each presenter will also receive a printed copy of their poster for the reception. Detailed poster guidelines, including templates and samples, can be found on the Guidelines webpage.
- Group presentations are welcome; however, it is advised that the group identify one lead speaker to present the research.