When: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Where: Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center (M2D2)
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Wannalancit Mills Complex
600 Suffolk Street, Lowell, MA 01854
MATCH has developed an Open Business Model Tool that enables companies and organizations to map their current business activities. The model is based on current published theory and practice in the develop.m.ent of open business models. By undertaking such an exercise, the business focus of a company and the associated opportunities they have to can be determined. In a competitive and challenging business climate, focus is crucial. It is the quality and appropriateness of the business focus of a company that will determine future innovation strategies – that are increasingly important in the context of growth.
This MATCH-M2D2 International Workshop offers:
- An introduction to current thinking on the role of Open Business Models including the latest big ideas about Business Models;
- Perspectives on how Open Business Models can benefit a business and help it to understand its approach to key operational aspects such as innovation;
- Challenges and Opportunities for Business Models in Healthcare Examples of applications of the Open Business Model to real world companies in the UK and Ireland, Finland and the USA;
- Training in the use of the web-based MATCH Open Business Model tool and instruction on how to analyse the outcomes;
- How improving your Business Strategy can benefit your business.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Executives wanting to learn more about how business model innovation can benefit their company;
- Entrepreneurs trying to commercialize a new technology in a dynamic, multi-stakeholder environment;
- R & D Managers and healthcare professionals who want to make healthcare innovations work better in a market segment;
- Industry and Investors seeking better business models for emerging technologies in new sectors, for example Connected Health.
Attendees will receive:
Case study/practical demonstration describing exemplar companies in the field of medical devices and related technologies;
Access to and instruction in ‘Hands on’ use of the web-based MATCH Open Business Model Tool;
The opportunity to explore development of a bespoke Open Business Model for their company;
A copy of the MATCH ‘Open Business Model Tool’ Workbook
||Introduction and Welcome
||Background to the MATCH
||Evaluation of medical technologies – why devices are different from pharmaceuticals
||Prospective evaluation in the product development cycle – The Headroom Approach
||Connecting health economics to internal business decisions such as pricing and investment
||Case-studies in and discussion from the floor
||Close: Drinks reception and networking
For (Day 1) June 20 2013 - Open Business Model Workshop:
$10.00 before June 14 and $20 after June 14
(Cost for both the MATCH Open Business Model (June 20) and Headroom Approach (June 21) events - $45 before June 14 and $60 after June 14)