A postdoctoral fellow position is now available in our lab. The initial appointment is for one year, and can be extended to a longer term subject to the candidate’s performance.
The candidate is expected to:
- Develop tomographic theory and algorithms that can be used to reconstruct images for diagnostic imaging, small animal imaging, cellular imaging, and other applications, compare the new methods with existing alternatives and validate them against the ground truth;
- Prepare research results for publication in reports, papers, journals, books and other media;
- Prepare seminars, talks, lectures and the like for dissemination of knowledge, particularly the results of research undertaken;
- Develop new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/or continuing research activities;
- Offer scientific computing consultation (algorithm/analysis/language/library).
A Ph.D. or equivalent professional degree is required with specific areas of study relating to mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science, image analysis and visualization, with demonstrated knowledge of state-of-the-art CT imaging. A history of progressively responsible research work should be evident. Desirable qualifications include experience in programming with C/C++/Matlab and experience in image processing/analysis and visualization.
Two graduate research assistant positions will also be available in the fall of 2016 in our lab.
Interested students can contact Prof. Yu directly for more information about the post-doc and RA positions.