About 5,000 square feet in the basement of UMass Lowell’s Olney Hall is dedicated to the HEROES initiative. It includes wet chemistry, processing and characterization laboratories, offices, conference rooms and a “think tank” area outfitted with a continuous whiteboard on which researchers may brainstorm new ideas.
In addition to this “home base” for NSRDEC scientists, they will also have access to labs of their research partners across campus, including those located in the $80 million Mark and Elisia Saab Emerging Technologies and Innovation Center:
- Core Research Facilities: Laboratories
- Nanomanufacturing Center: Nanomanufacturing Center
- Printed Electronics Research Collaborative: What Is PERC?
- Raytheon UMass Lowell Research Institute (RURI): RURI
- Baseball Research Center: About Us
- NERVE Center: Laboratories
In addition, the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research Development and Engineering Center in Natick offers UMass Lowell faculty and student researchers access to their facilities, which include design, synthesis, engineering and testing laboratories and nano-fabrication facilities.