Organizations Related to Total Worker Health®
- American Psychological Association practice website - Services and resources for promoting mental health in the workplace, including the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards Program
- Institute for Work and Health - Systematic reviews, training programs, topic briefs, as well as knowledge transfer publications
- Massachusetts Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health - See the "Public Employee Health and Safety Protections" page
- University of CA Center for Social Epidemiology Research and publications on the topic of job strain and other psychosocial workplace issues
- Healthy Work Campaign Tools for employers, union organizers and working individuals to create and sustain a healthy workplace
Publications & Resources
- CPH-NEWStress@Work Website: Tools and resources for reducing work related stress.
- CPH-NEW Healthy Workplace Participatory Program Toolkit: Tools and resources to implement a workplace participatory health protection/health promotion program.
- MDPH: Occupational Health Surveillance Program: Resources and information on workplace health and safety topics
- MDPH: MA Wellness Tax Credit: Gives small businesses in MA a state tax credit for having an employee wellness program. See the "Model Wellness Guide" to improve existing programs, including integration of health protection.
- MDPH: Working on Wellness Program: Training program from MA employers; applications required to participate.
- NIOSH Total Worker Health (TWH) Let’s Get Started webpage: Information and tools on how to create policies, programs, and practices which protect and promote worker safety, health, and well-being from the organizational and environmental level.
- NIOSH Health Care Topic Page: Information and recommendations for health care workers on health, safety, and well-being topics. Links to program resources, such as the NIOSH Training Program for Nurses on Shift Work and Long Hours and Caring for Yourself While Caring for Others program for home care workers. See also: Workplace Violence Prevention for Nurses training program.
- The Whole Worker Booklet (pdf) from University of California Berkeley Labor Occupational Health Program -This booklet provides guidelines and worksheets for labor leaders to use when integrating occupational safety and health with workplace health promotion programs.