UMass Lowell New England Healthy Homes Training Center
The New England Healthy Homes Training Center is a training partner of the National Healthy Homes Training Center and Network which offers cutting edge training and professional development in the field of healthy housing. The Training Center brings together public health, housing and energy efficiency practitioners to promote practical and cost-effective methods for making homes healthier, provides a venue for exchange of best practices and new research and promotes cross-training of these professionals.
Trainees learn critical skills and increase their knowledge of the principles of healthy housing and strategies to make a home healthier. Trainees can also earn CEUs from most courses. The New England Healthy Homes Training Center offers the following courses:
- Code Inspection for Healthier Homes
- Eco-Healthy Child Care Course
- Essentials for Healthy Homes Practitioners
- Healthy Homes Evaluator
- Healthy Homes Assessment and Interventions
- Healthy Homes Assessment for Community Health Workers
- Healthy Home Assessment: Principles and Practice
- Healthy Homes for Community Health Workers
- Healthy Homes Essentials for Environmental Professionals
- Health Opportunities for Energy Audits and Upgrades
- Healthy Homes Rating System
- Integrated Pest Management for Multifamily Housing
- Launching a Healthy Homes Initiative
For the course details, visit http://healthyhousingsolutions.com/hhtc/training-courses/.
For information, contact David Turcotte, Training Center Director, at 978-934-4682 or David_Turcotte@uml.edu.