The ProCard represents the university's trust in you and your empowerment as a responsible employee of the university to safeguard and protect the university's assets. As a cardholder, you assume the responsibility for the protection and proper use of the ProCard.
Purchases must all be in compliance with the University ProCard Policies and Procedures as referenced in this manual.
The following situations are a few specific examples of "misuse" of the ProCard.
Examples of Personal Misuse Categories
- Purchases made for the sole personal benefit of the employee
- Use of card to purchase restricted commodities, or for purchases that are inappropriate for the account charged
Examples of Administrative Misuse Categories
- Lack of proper and timely reconciliation of the individual cardholder's account
- Failure to maintain the ProCard Purchase Log
- Failure to sign and date the ProCard Purchase Log
- Failure to forward the ProCard Purchase Log to your supervisor for review
- Use of card in excess of assigned cardholder limits or available budget
Consequences of Misuse
ProCard activity is monitored as described in ProCard Compliance Audit Reviews
. The consequences of misuse of the ProCard will be handled promptly and uniformly for all cardholders.
- The ProCard Manager has the duty to report potentially significant misuse and non-compliance findings to the UMass Lowell Director of Procurement Services. Review of the findings may be escalated to the Controller, University Director of Audits and University Police, as deemed appropriate.
- Disciplinary measures may include a reduction in the cardholder's authorization limits, suspension/cancellation of the ProCard, or termination of employment and legal action in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Cardholder Agreement Form (pdf).