- Operation ID, a program designed to discourage burglary and the theft of valuable property from your home, apartment or dorm room. The program provides a way for you and law enforcement officers to easily identify ownership of stolen property. To participate in Operation ID, students, staff and faculty are asked to contact University Police and make an appointment.
- A minimum of two Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) classes per year to female students and staff. These classes are free of charge. The R.A.D. System is a 12-hour program designed to teach women about awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance while progressing into the basics of hands-on defense training. Courses are offered each semester or upon request.
- Programs using Impairment Goggles, which educates students about the consequences of alcohol misuse and abuse. Fatal vision goggles use special lens technology to allow the wearer to experience a realistic simulation of impairment.
- Seminars of "Violence in the Workplace," which examines recent trends and tips on “What to do if…”
- In conjunction with the Greater Lowell Partnership Against Sexual Assault (GLPASA), the UMass Lowell Police Department presents the Enough Abuse Campaign’s Program, “It’s not just Jenna,” a documentary about a 15-year-old who was sexually abused by a family friend. This powerful training combines interactive exercises to help community members examine their attitudes and values about sex and sexuality, with clear and accurate information about sexual development, sexual abuse and information about how to identify characteristics of perpetrators.
There are also several programs offered at UMass Lowell in conjunction with sexual assault awareness month:
- Each year, the University displays the “Clothesline Project.”
- UMass Lowell also participates in “Take Back the Night," an international movement intended to combat rape and other forms of violence.
Contact University Police at 978-934-2398 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for details on any of the above programs.