Steps to Complete Before Registering for Orientation
All admitted freshman must schedule a testing appointment on campus PRIOR TO attending an Orientation session.
- Testing appointments are offered both on-site and at your home high school location. Math and writing assessments are required at UMass Lowell.
- Students scoring 610 and higher on the Verbal SAT's are exempt from the writing test.
You can schedule your testing appointment by visiting our Assessment Testing page or by calling our Orientation office at 978-934-3980.
Personal Items You Should Bring:
- Photo Identification: Driver's license OR Passport
- Small amount of cash for snacks, etc
- Any prescription medicine (refrigeration available)
- Casual clothes and shoes for walking
Documents you MUST Bring:
- Medical Records: Health Services needs complete records by January 1. Be sure to submit them prior to Orientation.
To insure the safety and well-being of all participants, we require the following:
- Do not bring any alcohol or drugs to Orientation. Anyone found with these substances will be immediately sent home, no exceptions.
- Do not leave campus during Orientation. The day is full of activities and tasks that are essential to your preparation for the spring. If you leave, you won't be registered for classes.
- Do not plan to have visitors or guests during Orientation. After check-in, no one other than other new students will be allowed to attend Orientation as it is a special time for you to meet other UMass Lowell students.
- Orientation behavior includes respecting all persons and property. Any unacceptable behavior toward either will result in disciplinary action and possible removal from the program.