* M E D I A A D V I S O R Y *
THURSDAY - June 16, 2005
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHO: Massachusetts companies and community grant project teams will be recognized at a State House ceremony for reducing the use of toxic chemicals throughout the Commonwealth.
· Massachusetts Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health (MassCOSH), Dorchester
· New Ecology, Inc., Cambridge
· Lower Pioneer Valley Educational Collaborative, East Longmeadow
· Town of Westford Water Department
· The Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences, Manomet
· Solutia, Inc., Springfield
· Capaccio Environmental Engineering, Inc., Marlborough
· Raytheon Company, Waltham
· M/A-COM, Lowell
· AlphaGary, Leominster
WHEN: Media, legislators and others are invited to view community grant recipient exhibits and talk with company representatives beginning at 11 a.m.
11 a.m. - Reception and Exhibits
Noon - Recognition Ceremony
o State Sen. Pamela P. Resor and Rep. Frank Israel Smizik, co-chairs of the Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Committee
o Michael Ellenbecker, Director of the UML Toxics Use Reduction Institute
WHERE: Massachusetts State House, Great Hall, Boston
WHY: To acknowledge the accomplishments of leaders in Massachusetts communities and companies who are successfully reducing toxic chemical use to make the state a safer place to live and work.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 978-934-3224