Studying the intersection of business and health science for the greater good.
Master of Science in Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship (MS ITE) Healthcare Innovation & Entrepreneurship (HI+E) Option
The MSITE Healthcare Innovation & Entrepreneurship Option (HI+E) is offered by the Manning School of Business in collaboration with the College of Health Sciences. The program is geared toward current healthcare professionals, such as hospital managers/administrators, clinicians, physicians and other medical professionals, as well as those looking to transition into the healthcare field.
Students are admitted on either a part-time or full-time basis. Courses meet during the evening hours beginning at 6 p.m., with additional online and blended course options.
HI+E Option graduates will:
- Understand fundamentals of healthcare industries operations and economics and be able to identify areas of innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Develop an understanding of technology innovation and entrepreneurship from both an academic and applied perspective;
- Understand and leverage the business opportunities accompanying technology innovation within established healthcare facilities;
- Develop the entrepreneurial management skills required to identify, launch and execute innovative products, services and new ventures;
- Understand ever changing regulatory nature of healthcare industries and be able to spot both opportunities and challenges, and be prepared to create unique competitive advantages; and
- Learn essential skills of market research, project management and innovation financing to implement successful entrepreneurial initiatives.
Program of Study
Full time | Part time | Online | Blended
The MSITE HI+E Option consists of ten courses (30 credits), including 4 Program core courses (12 credits), 5 Option core courses (15 credits, 3 of which must be from College of Health Sciences) and one course (3 credit) practicum. Each student will participate in the development and delivery of a team capstone project, which will be reviewed by an external professional panel.
Course descriptions for SITE Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship Option (pdf)
For the latest course information please visit the UMass Lowell on-line Graduate Academic Catalog.
Admissions to the Master of Science in Innovation & Technological Entrepreneurship program will be determined based on an overall review of the following applicant materials:
- Undergraduate degree and performance in science, engineering or business (other areas will be considered if the applicant demonstrates significant work experience in a technical field)
- An official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Three letters of recommendation (professional and academic)
- A letter describing the applicant’s professional goals and how earning a MS will assist in their professional development
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must present a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based).
If you have any questions regarding the MSITE or other graduate programs in MSB, contact Ashwin Mehta, MSITE Coordinator or e-mail: MSITE@uml.edu.
The Plus-One Program option offered by the Manning School of Business to matriculated allows outstanding undergraduate students in engineering, business, science and health sciences to complete their bachelor's degrees and Master of Science in Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship on an accelerated schedule.
UMass Lowell undergraduate students in these majors (i.e., science, engineering or business), who have a GPA of 3.00 or better at the end of their junior year, must apply for this program before they complete their undergraduate graduation requirements. Students who plan to apply to this program must meet with the M.S. program advisor by their junior year to discuss any additional course requirements. New students are admitted to the MSITE program on a rolling basis in the fall and spring.
General eligibility guidelines for admission to a UMass Lowell Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Programs can be found in the UMass Lowell online catalog. If you have any questions regarding the MSITE or other graduate programs in MSB, contact Ashwin Mehta, MSITE Coordinator or e-mail: Entrepreneurship@uml.edu.