Regional Central Labor Councils
UMass Lowell Labor Programs
Central Labor Councils In Our Region
The Central Massachusetts CLC meets the first Thursday at 7 p.m., Leo's Ristorante, 11 Brackett Ct., Worcester.
The Merrimack Valley CLC meets the first Thursday at 7 p.m.
The North Shore CLC meets the fourth Wednesday at 7 p.m., IUE 201 Hall, 112 Exchange St., Lynn.
The North Worcester CLC (978-230-2950) meets every other third Monday of the month.
Local Unions In Our Region
- IBEW Local 1505 representing members at Raytheon Corp
- SEIU 1199 representing more than 275,000 members and retirees in New York, Maryland, the District of Columbia and Massachusetts representing workers in the homecare, hospital and nursing home industries, as well as pharmacies, freestanding clinics and other healthcare settings.
- IUE/CWA Local 201 representing workers at General Electric in Lynn, Massachusetts.
- SEIU Local 509 representing members at public and private Human Service, Educational and Public Safety Organizations.
- CWA Local 1365 representing members at Lucent Technologies.
- SEIU Local 615 representing building service workers.
- Massachusetts Nurses Association (MNA) representing nurses at health-care facilities throughout Massachusetts.
- SEIU Local 888 representing local and state public sector workers.
- UAW Local 1596 representing a wide variety of workplaces - multinational corporations, small manufacturers, state and local governments, colleges and universities, hospitals and private non-profit organizations.
UMass Labor Programs
- Labor Extension Statewide Website
- Labor Center at UMass Amherst is one of the premier Labor Studies programs in the country. The Master's of Science in Labor Studies, with concentrations in globalization, labor and communities, and strategic corporate research, equips graduates to work in the labor movement and other organizations advocating for workers' rights.
- Labor Extension Program at UMass Amherst is a non-credit program providing training and education to Massachusetts workers, their unions, and other workers' organization.
- Labor Resource Center at UMass Boston advocating for economic and social justice for working families.
- UMass Dartmouth Labor Extension Program Labor Education Center
- Department of Work and Environment at UMass Lowell is an academic and research graduate program whose main role is to educate scientist to study and evaluate work factors that affect the health status of workers.