Graduate Admissions Process
Become part of a growing global community at UMass Lowell, where students from 60 different countries contribute to the lively and diverse campus community.
International students apply through the regular Admissions process. The information you provide as part of this process will identify you as an international student. For the purpose of this page, International Student refers to any student who is neither a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.
Your completed application package shall include:
- A completed application for Graduate Admission
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Scores
- All international applicants are required to submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam except citizens of Australia, Canada (except Quebec), United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Guyana and English Speaking countries of Africa and West Indies. You are responsible for making arrangements to take the test.
- The UMass Lowell school code for the TOEFL is: 3911
- The TOEFL requirement can be waived if you can demonstrate that you have completed at least two academic semesters of full time college/university study in the USA by the date of submission of the application. Please email: Graduate_Admissions@uml.edu and request in writing.
Accepted international students will receive additional information regarding the process of obtaining a student visa via e-mail from the International Students and Scholars Office. If you are already in the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa, the International Students and Scholars Office can help you determine your status eligibility to study in the U.S. For questions or additional information please contact the International Students and Scholars Office by email at email@example.com
or call 978-934-2383.