These events have concluded for this year. Please check back in September 2017 for new events and information.
DifferenceMaker co-sponsors and supports college competitions that emerge from the program each year. Currently, there are three College Competitions that take place each fall.
This contest is open to all UMass Lowell students.
- The Manning School of Business and Digital Federal Credit Union holds a DCU Innovation Contest each fall semester.
- The DCU Innovation Contest seeks UMass Lowell students who may have a cutting-edge banking and/or financial innovation which will help drive the future success in the banking industry.
- At last year's contest (2016), 5 teams participated in the contest and the First Place Prize of $500 per team member was awarded to team Digi Bank. Please see our blog for more information.
This competition is open to all UMass Lowell students, but each team needs to have at least one student on it from the Francis College of Engineering.
- The Francis College of Engineering holds a Prototyping Competition on north campus each fall semester.
- The Prototyping Competition seeks ideas that can be turned into real products. This competition assists students in thinking about an idea and actually building it into a reality.
- At last year's competition (2016) 21 teams participated in the competition and the First Place Award of $1,000 was awarded to team Project Starfish. Please see our blog for more information.
This competition is open to all UMass Lowell students, but each team needs to have at least one student on it from the College of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The College of Fine Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences holds a Creative Venture Competition on south campus each fall semester.
- This FAHSS Creative Venture Competition seeks to leverage and highlight the entrepreneurial spirit and creative abilities of UMass Lowell students, especially within the FAHSS departments.
- At last years competition (2016), 5 teams participated in this competition and the First Place Prize of $5,000 was awarded to team LoreBooks. Please see our blog for more information.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.