Skip to Main Content

Immigration Resources

Resources for faculty, staff and students not on visas issued by UMass Lowell

The following provides you with general resources. You are always encouraged to make your own decision based on the particulars of your personal situation. We also recommend that you check the Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service.

International Students & Scholars on a legal UMass Lowell issued visa document for F-1, J-1, H-1B, O-1, TN, OPT/STEM status should contact the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) for all assistance and advice at or 978-934-2383. This page is intended to assist all others only.

Travel for DACA, TPS, Asylees, Undocumented and non U.S. passport holders from the six Executive Order Travel ban (Iran, Lybia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen) countries are advised against travel outside of the U.S. Consult an immigration attorney before any departure from the U.S.