Solidworks is a computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) computer program for engineering design, documentation, simulation, and sustainable design.
This license allows all faculty, staff and students to install this product on personally owned equipment.
Solidworks runs on Windows platforms. To download this software:
Request access to Solidworks
- Select "Yes" when prompted "I already have a serial number that starts with 9020:".
- Select the most current year.
- Enter your e-mail address (you will not receive an e-mail).
- Select if you are a Student or a Faculty.
- Once you start the Installer it will then ask you to enter the "Solidworks Serial Number".
For a tutorial walkthrough on how to install Solidworks, please review this Installing Solidworks document (pdf).
For technical support regarding installation, enter a UMass Lowell service desk ticket
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.