MathType is a software application created by Design Science that allows the creation of mathematical notation for inclusion in desktop and web applications.
MathType may be used/installed on all university-owned computers and networks, home computers of students, faculty, and employees, and portable computers and mobile devices.
How to download MathType:
If you have not already downloaded the MathType installer, you will need to do so.
- Download MathType Installer for Windows (Version 7), and enter your UMass Lowell Credentials to get the installer and product key (available below) in order to activate the installer.
- Product Key for Windows (If required, usually after the installation enter your UMass Lowell Credentials and use this product key in order to activate the installer).
- Download MathType Installer for MAC (Version 7), and enter your UMass Lowell Credentials to get the installer and product key (available below) in order to activate the installer.
- Product Key for MAC (If required, enter your UMass Lowell Credentials to get the product key in order to activate the installer).
- NOTE - MAC Users: After the installer is downloaded to your computer, open the file and right-click on the package.
- Select 'Open With' and choose the 'Installer' Option. A dialogue box will appear, and select 'Open'.
- Then click 'Continue', and proceed to install MathType.
- Register for MathType by entering your information and product key for MAC (available above).
- If you have already downloaded and installed MathType and just need a product key to unlock it, you do not need to download or install MathType again.
- To unlock MathType, go to MathType’s Help menu and select ‘About MathType’, select ‘Unlock MathType’ and enter your product key.
If you are having technical problems, please contact our Technical Support staff directly by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.