Effective as of July 1, 2016, Information Technology Department and Procurement Services have partnered together to develop a new ordering process for purchasing, modifying and adding features to university issued cellphones. This new procedure has been created to increase security, reduce costs and streamline the cell phone ordering/delivery process.
To order a new cell phone, upgrade to a newer model or replace a damaged one, start by reviewing and choosing from the 3 standard phone models currently available below. Once you have decided on the model phone you would like, simply click on the IT Web Help Desk (login using your university credentials if prompted to do so) and fill out the self-service form to submit a ticket for this purchase. If this request is for a new or replacement phone, the IT Service Desk will contact you to schedule an appointment to set up the phone and migrate appropriate data. Get full instructions on how to submit a Web Help Desk ticket.
If you have any issues or questions about this process, please contact the IT Service Desk at 978-934-4357 or Cher Hugus at 978-934-4745 for assistance.
Some points to remember about the Cellphone Policy
To qualify for an upgrade:
- The existing phone must be at least 30 months old
- Old phones are required to be turned into the IT Service Desk for secure disposal
- The Mobile Device Acceptance Form must be signed and submitted to the IT Service Desk prior to receipt of new cell phone (this will be emailed to you upon your submissions of the Web Help Desk ticket)
- Payment for new cell phones are the responsibility of the employee’s department
- The Acceptable Use Policy (draft) must be read, and followed regarding proper university cellphone usage