UMass Lowell provides a Listserv solution for its faculty and staff to stay connected to their workgroups and committees.
Logging In for the First Time
- Open a web browser and go to:http://listserv.uml.edu
- Click on Log In (left of screen or top right corner)
- Click on get a new LISTSERV password
- Enter your UML e-mail address.
- Enter a password:
- passwords must be at least 6 characters
- use a combination of letters and numbers
- do not use spaces or symbols (i.e. #, %, *)
- underscores “_” and hyphens “–“ are allowed
- Enter password again to verify
- Click on Register Password
- Confirmation will be sent to your e-mail account.
- Once you receive the e-mail message, click on the link in the message to confirm (and return to the LISTSERV page).
- Click on Log In (top right corner).
- Enter your UML e-mail address and your new password and click Log In.
- Open a web browser and go to: http://listserv.uml.edu
- Click on Log In (left of screen or top right corner).
- Enter your Email address and password and click Log In.
- Log into LISTSERV.
- Under List Management (top left) click on Subscriber Management (available to list owners only).
- If you are the owner of just one list, your list will be displayed at the top of the screen. If you are the owner of multiple lists, select your list from the dropdown arrow at the top.
- Examine, Add or Delete Subscribers.
- Log out when finished.
Sending a Message to the List
Send a message to email@example.com (e.g. if the listname is test-list, send the message to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Go to http://listserv.uml.edu
- Next to Resources, click on About LISTSERV to go to the L-Soft webpage or click on LISTSERV Documentation.