On-campus Blackboard Course Planning
- Course Setup - Empty Undergraduate course shells are automatically created. Non-traditional courses; competency, dissertation, independent study, internship, and thesis courses. Faculty must add a new course template or copy content from an existing course at the Blackboard Course Management website . Please connect to VPN in order to use this app, if off-campus.
- Blackboard Access Forms (TAs, LAs, Graders, & Secondary Instructors) - TAs have the same level of access as Instructors. Graders only have access to the Grade Center. They are added to the course in SIS by the Registrar. On-Campus Blackboard enrollments are fed from SIS every hour on the half hour.
- My Courses Management (pdf) - Every semester your list of courses on the My Courses module gets larger; this job aid shows how you can hide non-essential courses from your list.
- Attendance App - There are several ways to electronically capture attendance in your class. This page has a description of the Attendance App created by Web Services and the attendance tool within Blackboard.
- Login Problems - Set your password retrieval security questions at the UMass Lowell Mypassword website to reset your password anytime including after hours. If you forget the answers to your security questions, you will have to contact the IT Service Desk during normal business hours.
Grade Center with SiS : Faculty can pull Blackboard final letter grades into SIS.
On-Campus Blackboard Help & How To
- Consults : Meet 1:1 with our Instructional Technologists and Designers. Send an email to: email@example.com with a brief description of your needs and when you would like to meet.
- Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching (CELT) Workshops : Sponsored by CELT, Graduate, Online & Professional Studies (GPS), and Information Technology (IT). Workshops are held throughout the year but the primary schedule is held during summer and winter breaks.
- Information for Students This link provides students with answers to frequently asked questions.
- Ally is an integrated tool in Blackboard that you can use to assess the accessibility of your documents. More information on the Blackboard Help site.
- Technical Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-934-HELP (4357).