TECHNICAL SUPPORT| HELP WITH CLICKERS
HOW STUDENTS LOGIN TO ON-CAMPUS BLACKBOARD:
- Note: There are two instances of Blackboard for UMass Lowell
- Access to both systems can be found at uml.edu/blackboard
- Inside both instances of Blackboard there is a link at the top right of the window to toggle to the other instance that says, "Go to OCE" or "Go to On-Campus".
- Not all On-Campus (face to face) courses are required to use Blackboard. If you do not see your course in Blackboard or encounter a login error "No Learn account..." ask your instructor if they intend to use Blackboard.
- To log in to Blackboard use the Blackboard Portal at the friendly web address: uml.edu/blackboard
- The top middle tile is the On-Campus Course Login
- The top left tile is the login for Online & Continuing Ed (OCE)
- If prompted, enter your full @student.uml.edu email and password.
troubleshoot common login PROBLEMS:
- Accessing the wrong web address.Not seeing your course, or seeing an error message that reads, "No Learn account is available for your external credentials. You are accessing as a guest..." is an indication that you are trying to access the other Blackboard at the wrong URL; see the Note above.
- Incorrect password. To change or reset your password use the Self-Service reset.
If this is not working, contact the IT Service Desk during business hours (EST) Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. by phone: 978-934-4357.
- TA, GA, RA, and/or Grader Access.* The proper contract must be active with HR to facilitate enrollment. Teaching Assistants, Research Assistants, and Graduate Assistants are granted access to Blackboard courses upon completion of a faculty initiated request form (pdf). Student Graders are added upon completion of a separate student initiated request form. (pdf)
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.
If you are having problems with Blackboard, you can request help in three ways:
- Enter your own IT Service Desk ticket: Helpdesk.uml.edu
- Email: Bbhelp@uml.edu
- Call On-Campus Blackboard support: 978-934-4357 or toll free: 866-435-7437
- Helpful information for students about how to use Blackboard can be found at the Blackboard Help site.
Bb student mobile app for devices:
Blackboard has a student mobile application for students to log in with any device.
To log in, download the Bb Student App > select "UMass Lowell Day School" for On-Campus Blackboard.
To access your OCE courses, log out of the application completely and select “UMass Lowell Online & Continuing Education”.
(There are two apps; Bb Student is the most updated)