The Department of Homeland Security recently created the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Portal to allow individuals onPost-OPT and STEM-OPT to directly report to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Students may report changes to their address, phone number and employment.It is your responsibility to fulfill the reporting requirements of your program.
Students will gain access to the SEVP portal on the date their OPT becomes "valid", receiving an email from SEVP requesting they create an account. Upon creating of the account, students will be able to report the aforementioned changes directly to their SEVIS record. Please notethat once a student reports their employment start date, end date or a change of employment, they should request a new I-20 from the ISSO reflecting this information. Students can do so by submitting a Request OPT I-20 Reprint eForm on the Forms and Guides page of the ISSO website.
- For more information about SEVIS and the SEVP Portal, visit theSEVIS Help Hub.
- The SEVIS Portal Help webpage included step-by-step instructions, instructional videos, and more.
- ISSOSEVP Webinar Recording(Video)
- For technical issues with the SEVP Portal, please contact SEVP:
- Email: SEVP@ice.dhs.gov
- Phone: 703-603-3400
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- For general questions, please contact ISSO.
- Any address changes reported through the SEVP Portal must also be updated in SIS.
- Please be sure to follow the instructions on the SEVIS Help Hub carefully to avoid reporting errors to SEVIS.