Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology & Biology Education
Biology Education: exploring factors that affect the success of students in the transition from high school or community college into a first year introductory biology course for majors
- Other, (2010), Bentley University - Waltham, MA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Content Mapping of Undergraduate Biology Textbooks
- Other, (2009), Children's Hospital Boston - Boston, MA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Retro-translocation of Cholera Toxin
- Ph D: Molecular and Cellular Biology , (2005), Brandeis University - Waltham, MA
Dissertation/Thesis Title: Molecular Interactions with the FcRn Cytoplasmic Domain
- BA: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, (1997), Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH
Dissertation/Thesis Title: The Purification and Characterization of p62
Selected Awards and Honors
- Susan Pasquale Faculty Award for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning in the Sciences (2014), Teaching - University of Massachusetts Lowell
- 2011-2012 ASM/NSF Biology Scholar in Residence (Research Residency): The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2011), Teaching - American Society for Microbiology
- Wernick, N., Ledley, F.D. (Bentley University) (2020). We Don’t Have to Lose STEM Students to Business. Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education, 21(1).
- Wernick, N., Ndung'u, E., Haughton, D., Ledley, F.D. (2014). Positioning Genomics in Biology Education: Content Mapping of Undergraduate Biology Textbooks. Journal of microbiology & biology education, 15(2) 268-76.
- Wernick, N., Chinnapen, D.J., Cho, J.A., Lencer, W.I. (2010). Cholera Toxin: An Intracellular Journey into the Cytosol by Way of the Endoplasmic Reticulum. Toxins, 2(3) 310-325.
- Wernick, N., De Luca, H.H., Kam, W.R., Lencer, W.I. (2010). N-Terminal Extension of the Cholera Toxin A1-Chain Causes Rapid Degradation After Retrotranslocation from Endoplasmic Reticulum to Cytosol. The Journal of biological chemistry, 285(9) 6145-6152.
- Wernick, N., Haucke, V., Simister, N.E. (2005). Recognition of the Tryptophan-based Endocytosis Signal in the Neonatal Fc Receptor by the mu Subunit of Adaptor Protein-2. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 280(8) 7309-7316.
- Effective Collaboration with Teaching and Learning Assistants - The Provost's Excellence in Learning & Teaching Virtual Seminar Series, July 2020
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Biology Education Research: Curriculum Assessment (2011), -
Wernick, N. (Principal)
- Kirschstein National Research Service Award, Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship (2007), -