- The completed application deadline is November 1 for admission into the subsequent (summer) matriculating class.
- Applications deemed incomplete at the application deadline of November 1 will be ineligible for a full department review.
- Admission Requirements (pdf)
Why Choose the UMass Lowell DPT Program?
- Highly qualified and caring faculty.
- Dedicated students.
- Affordable state school tuition.
- Graduates are competent, clinically sought after entry-level practitioners.
- Preparation to be a future leader in a dynamic profession.
- 96.9% pass rate on the 2017 National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE), 100.0% in 2016, and 96.9% in 2015 - data based on "Total Percentage of Candidates in Graduation Class who took the NPTE and passed."
- High Retention and Employment rate
- 100% of admitted students graduated from the program for 2013, 97.3% graduation rate for 2014 and 97.1% for 2015.
- 100% of DPT graduates are fully employed within six months - based on DPT graduate survey data from 2015-2017.
Program Contact Information
For additional information regarding the program and associated admission requirements, contact:
Keith W. Hallbourg, DPT, Graduate Coordinator
Department of Physical Therapy
University of Massachusetts Lowell
3 Solomont Way, Suite 5
Lowell MA 01854
Catalog and application materials are available at the Graduate Admissions website. All application documents should be submitted directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions