We are proud to announce that the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) has awarded the BS, RN-BS and MS nursing programs a full, 10-year re-accreditation through 2026. CCNE has also awarded a full five-year initial accreditation of our Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program, through 2021.
FULL APPROVAL STATUS
The Nursing program maintains Full Approval Status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
FIRST-TIME PASS RATE ON LICENSURE EXAM EXCEEDS STATE AND NATIONAL AVERAGES
This just in – 89 percent of our 2016 bachelor of science nursing graduates who took the licensure exam passed on their first try! UMass Lowell’s first-time pass rate of 89 percent exceeds the state average of 83.6 percent and national average of 84.5 percent. Nursing graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX) to work as a registered nurse in the United States. We are proud of our graduates and wish them the best of luck in their nursing careers.
high quality, affordable education
As the role of nurses has evolved, so too has the the educational preparation of nurses. Today's nurses must be able to care for patients in community settings as well as in hospitals, attend to the needs of the growing number of older Americans, and work with diverse populations in a variety of health care settings.
The mission of the Susan and Alan Solomont School of Nursing is to educate students, advance knowledge, and provide service to the University, the profession, and the community through excellence in the discovery, application, integration, and dissemination of knowledge. The School emphasizes health promotion needs of individuals, families, groups, and communities at the local, national and global level. We provide a high quality, affordable education and focus scholarship and public service on a global vision of health promotion.
A Proud History
- The oldest Family Health Nursing Program in New England, preparing Family Nurse Practitioners
- First MS Degree in Gerontological Nursing in the U.S., preparing Gerontological Nurse Practitioners
A Distinguished Faculty
- Authors or contributors of more than 500 articles in virtually every national and international nursing and health-related journal and numerous texts
- More than 400 years collectively in hands-on healthcare practice
- Presenters at professional conferences in more than 30 countries on at least four continents
- Faculty honored by the American Academy of Nursing; The Gerontological Society of America; and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Recognition and Honors from Others
- "Doctoral Universities One" status conferred by the Carnegie Foundation
- Holder of the "Highest Classification" by the American Association of University Professors
UMass Lowell Nursing Videos
A playlist of UMass Lowell Nursing videos can be found on the UMass Lowell YouTube Channel. You can also find some on the UMass Lowell Facebook page.
MORE INFOrmation ON THE Solomont SCHOOL OF NURSING
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.