College of Health Science Mission
The mission of the college is to promote health of individuals, families and populations in a diverse global society through excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service. Community and health care industry partnerships enable experiential learning activities to enhance the education of health care professionals and scientists.
We recognize that achieving this mission requires:
- improving our understanding of health, disease and disability and their social context,
- increasing citizens’ understanding of health problems and their environmental, social, and economic causes,
- expanding community and workplace opportunities for promoting good health,
- developing environmentally sound systems of production and consumption,
- exploring the fullest understanding of our region defined by common political, social, ethnic, economic and cultural boundaries
- addressing the determinants of social and economic disparities in our region,
- maintaining a health care system that is effective and compassionate, and promoting innovative government policies to support human health and development.