Skip to Main Content

Student Employees


International Students

If you are an International student employee please complete the Form I-9 according to these instructions:

Form I-9

  • Section 1 of the Form I-9 must be completed by the employee no later than the first day of employment.
  • Section 2 of the Form I-9 must be completed by a member of the Human Resources department within three business days of theemployee's first day of employment.

You must also submit these required employment forms:

Other Student Employees

All other student employees visit the Student Employment forms webpage and follow those instructions.

How do I get paid?

  • For all student employees, once you have confirmed that you have been hired, please visit HR Direct to post any hours you work each week. Here is the reporting time job aid (pdf) to assist you with how you can post your hours.

Student Employment Office (SEO) Forms (NOT Required)

Other Optional Forms:

  • Student Alternative Retirement and FICA Medicare Exemption Form (pdf) During the academic year, students who are enrolled for six credits and who are working on campus are exempt from the OBRA retirement contributions (as well as the FICA/Medicare deductions). During the summer, these deductions will be withheld except for those students who meet specific summer enrollment criteria*.

*In order to claim exemption, you must be registered for at least 6 credits AND will not be working 37.5 hours per week as a UMass Lowell student employee for the Summer semester.

Additional Student Information: