How do I get on payroll?
If you are an international student employee please complete the Form I-9 according to these instructions:
- Section 1 of the Form I-9 must be completed by the employee no later than the first day of employment.
- Section 2 of Form I-9, must be completed remotely within three business days of your first day of employment, which includes verification of original documents showing your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Verification of Acceptable IDs to complete Form I-9 can be done on behalf of the university in person by either a family member of your household, friend, neighbor, co-worker, banker, clergy member, or anyone else who knows you well enough. Please provide the required contact information (below) of the designated person doing the ID verification so they can be sent a secure link in order to upload the document needed for completing Step 2 of Form I-9's verification process. Your designee will need a valid email address and access to a mobile device or computer to complete the verification process. Please refer to the Instructions for Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification for more information (pdf) document.
Failure to comply with any of the above conditions of employment can result in the withdrawal of this employment offer.
Required Contact Information of Designee:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot complete Section 2 of Form I-9 remotely, please contact the Human Resources office by email: email@example.com or 978-934-3560 to schedule an appointment with one of our representatives to assist you.
You must also submit these required employment forms:
- The New Hire Packet includes Employment Terms and Conditions, Form W-4, Student Employment Withholding Form and Direct Deposit Authorization Form.
Other Student Employees
All other student employees visit the Student Employment forms webpage and follow those instructions.
How do I get paid?
For all student employees, once you have confirmed that you have been hired, please visit HR Direct to post any hours you work each week. Here is the reporting time job aid (pdf) to assist you with how you can post your hours.
Student Employment Office (SEO) Forms (NOT Required)
- SEO Withholding Enrollment Form (NEW Enrollment ONLY) to OPT IN to the program, allocating 70% of your earnings directly to your student account.
- SEO Termination of Withholding Form to CANCEL an existing 70% withholding.
Other Optional Forms:
During the academic year, students who are enrolled for six credits and who are working on campus are exempt from the OBRA retirement contributions (as well as the FICA/Medicare deductions).
During the summer, these deductions will be withheld except for those students who meet specific summer enrollment criteria*.
*In order to claim exemption, you must be registered for at least 6 credits AND will not be working 37.5 hours per week as a UMass Lowell student employee for the Summer semester.