This page is intended for internal use by authorized UMass Lowell personnel, who are responsible for the TA/RA contract process only.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.
Docusign Guided Process
FOR RETURNING TA/RA HIRES
FOR NEW TA/RA HIRES
The approval process will remain the same but contracts are due to the Provost Office/Vice Chancellor's office by Friday, August 11, 2017. This applies to:
- TA Contracts extended to new students, or
- RA Contracts extended upon new grants/funds received by researchers
New Hire Forms: UMass Lowell Human Resources requires that all new student hires use the I-9 form to document both that they are eligible to work in the United States and that their identities match the information on their employment authorization documents. Please visit the HR payroll & Forms page.
Additional information on how to get paid can be found on the HR website.
Reduced Credit Approval for Teaching & Research Assistants
New Process - DocuSign, effective June 2017, replacing the Reduced Course Load application. Students Requesting Reduced Course Load MUST USE the DocuSign process.
On-Line TA / RA Contract Approval Process: (Effective April 2017).
Pre-Hire - For TA, RA & TA/RA Match
Teaching Assistant Contract
Research Assistant Contract
Teaching/Research Assistant Combined Contract (Francis College of Engineering ONLY)
For Questions on this process please contact Sokny Long in the Francis College of Engineering.
- Once Pre-Hire Form has been completed and submitted
- Not Available - TA-RA (Combined) Contract (Engineering only, for use by Authorized UMass Lowell Personnel Only)
- In-Development - User Guide for TA/RA Combined Contract Process (pdf)
- Combined TA / RA Final Stages Contract Approval Process - FCE ONLY
Note: Graduate Students interested in applying for at TA/RA position must contact their Department Office.
DocuSign Contract Correction Process
Human Resource Payroll Related Information for TA/RA
Hiring Dates guidelines (for 2017-2018 academic year)
- Fall Semester: August 27 - December 23,2017 (8.5 pay periods paid over 9 pay dates)
- Spring Semester: January 14 - May 12, 2018 (8.5 pay periods paid over 9 pay dates)
- Full Academic Year: August 27, 2017 - May 12, 2018 (18.5 pay periods paid over 19 pay dates)