- Comply with federal, state and regulatory requirements
- Ensure effective internal control environment i.e. safeguard data, minimize risk
- Audit exposure
- Maintain inventory and retention schedule(s)
- Eliminate redundant record storage
- Manage record management costs
- Comply & coordinate “legal hold” of records
- Assure record retrieval ability
The Controller serves as the Chancellor’s appointed campus record administrator, with primary authority for compliance with the Record Management Guidelines.
The Records Administrator is responsible to:
- Maintain a copy of all Retention Schedules created by the Records Administrator's campus/system office's business units (e.g., Provost Office, Financial Aid, Athletics, Human Resources, etc.);
- Create and maintain a master list of all Retention Schedules for the Records Administrator's campus/system office;
- Post a copy of the master list on the Records Administrator's campus/system office's website; and
- Maintain a list of all Legal Holds in place at the University’s Record Administrator's office, and will assure coordination among business units to comply with Legal Holds.