The building services/housekeeping team strives to ensure a healthy, sanitary and pleasing work environment for the UMass Lowell community. The team’s primary responsibility is scheduled cleaning throughout campus buildings, including:
- Labs (limited services including sweeping and mopping floors; no counter cleaning provided)
- Conference rooms, lecture halls, lounges, kitchens, break rooms (excluding dishwashing and cleaning refrigerators)
- Stairwells, entrances, corridors, carpets
- Hard-surface floor refinishing
- Windows (inside windows for all floors; outside windows for first floor only)
For urgent requests that require attention within 24 hours (such as pest control, bathroom cleaning or overflowing trash), contact Facilities Management Service Center at 978-934-2601.