No audition is required to be accepted to the camp!
Students must submit application & enrollment fee to hold a place. The total cost for the camp is $595.
The Registration fee is $95 and due at time of registration. The tuition is $500. Payment in full is due by July 1.
Band Camp Registration
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.
Enrollment is open until July 1, 2018, or until full.
Students of all abilities are encouraged to enroll. The growth of the students in just a week is remarkable!
Students have the opportunity to study with university faculty and guest instructors, to perform with upper level college students, to live in the dorm - in the residential suites and to participate in concert band, honors wind ensemble, to choose from electives like Conducting, History of Rock and Roll, Keyboard, Percussion, to write music, create video/film scoring, and so much more...we look forward to working with you.
Join us for an immersion into music - the chance of a lifetime!
Full and Partial Scholarships are available for students and are awarded based on performance merit. All students seeking a scholarship are required to submit an mp3 file or CD for consideration. These items will not be returned.
Please note: Application and registration fee must be submitted prior to or with scholarship submission. No submission will be considered without these materials.
Requirements for recording submission:
- CD or mp3 file that is clearly labeled with student’s first and last name, instrument, title of work. Email is fine.
- Duplicated paper or scanned copy of the work - do not send an original (all shall be destroyed). Email is fine.
- Choice of work - requirements:
- Music chosen - must be a solo work. A festival piece at the District or All-State level would be appropriate.
- Two excerpts - one fast, showing technical skill, one slow, showing tone quality and expression.
- Total length of combined excerpts 3-5 minutes.
Recording should be submitted by May 15 for scholarship consideration, to (email): Scholarship Submission.
UMass Lowell Department of Music
c/o Deb Huber, Executive Director, Symphonic Band Camp
35 Wilder St. Suite 3, Durgin Hall
Lowell, MA 01854
Please use this address and not the department of music address at the bottom of the page for all camp questions:
Deb Huber, Executive Director, Symphonic Band Camp