Why choose the UMass Lowell Psychology Department?
The UMass Lowell Psychology Department offers small classes in a wide variety of subjects in the psychology field.
Our students have the opportunity to work with and learn from a very distinguished group of faculty. All are leaders in their fields, and many have been nationally recognized as authors of books, editors of journals, investigators on pathbreaking research projects, presidents of national organizations, or as collaborators with the Lowell community. Our faculty bring both knowledge, experience, and dedication to teaching students - both inside and outside the classroom.
Some faculty accomplishments include:
- Becoming president of the national organization of community psychologists
- Developing a local family resource center
- Creating a nationally recognized youth sports program
- Directing a university research center
- Editing the largest existing Web site on community development