Skip to Main Content
Make A Gift
Admissions & Aid
Faculty, Staff & Ph.D. Students
News & Events
Anastasiya Tsoy, M.A.
Doctoral Student, Teaching Assistant
Immigration psychology, feminist psychology, sexuality and gender.
M.A.: Clinical Psychology, (2016), Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
Integrative Project/ Thesis: The Impact of Psychosocial Factors on Mental Health Among Young Women in Central Asia Choosing Abortion
Certificate in Sexuality, Women, and Gender Studies (2016), Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY
B.A.: General Psychology (2013), Queens College CUNY, New York, NY
Concentration: General Psychology
Anastasiya Tsoy, MA is a second-year Ph.D. student in Applied Psychology and Prevention Science program. Her main research interests center on community and immigrant psychology, particularly on acculturation of Uzbek immigrants in the United States. She works under Khanh T. Dinh, Ph.D., tutelage in Psychology Department. Her ultimate goal is to contribute to the field of immigrant psychology, develop intervention programs that will help immigrants from Central Asia to successfully adapt in the U.S. society, and spark interest of the field of psychology among Uzbek immigrants.
She is a recipient of the Society for the Psychology of Women (S.P.W.) student grant, Pioneer Graduate Student Awardee of Asian Pacific American feminist psychologists (Section 5) of S.P.W.; fellow of Bella Abzug Leadership Institute; scholar of Women International Leadership Program; scholar of Academic Feminist Leadership Academy; Multicultural Concerns Committee scholar of Division 39 (Psychoanalysis) of American Psychological Association. She served as a co-director of Sexuality Women and Gender program at Teachers College, Columbia University; President of Washington Professionals for the Study of Psychoanalysis (W.P.S.P.); and co-chair of the Inaugural Convention of Asian Pacific American Feminists Psychologists. Prior to her Ph.D. studies, she worked in Women’s Programs Office at the American Psychological Association.
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
• Pioneer Graduate Student Award by Asian Pacific American feminist psychologists (Section 5) of the Society for the Psychology of Women (2019)
• University of Massachusetts Graduate Student Award (2019)
• Academic Feminist Leadership Academy - Scholar (2019)
• National Multicultural Conference & Summit Student, Early Career Psychologists Travel Award (2017)
• APA Division 39 (Psychoanalysis) Multicultural Concerns Committee Scholar (2016)
• Excellence in Campus Leadership in Northeast region by APAGS (Fall 2016)
• Student Award to conduct HPV awareness event by the Society for the Psychology of Women (2015-2016)
• Advocacy Coordinating Team (ACT) at American Psychological Association of Graduate Students – Best (2015-2016)
• American Psychological Association Division 35: Women in Psychology - Campus Representative (2015-2016)
• American Psychological Association Graduate Students Ambassador at Annual Psychological Association (2015)
• Women’s International Leadership Program – Fellow (2015)
• Bella Abzug Leadership Institute - Graduate, The Best Debater (2014)
• The Best and The Youngest Leadership Coach in Educational Camps in Uzbekistan (2007, 2008)
• Leadership Coach/Trainer of the Year – Uzbekistan: HIV, Environmental, Domestic Violence Programs (2008)
• Educational Grant for Gifted Students, Forum of Art and Culture of Uzbekistan (2005-2008)
• Tsoy, A., Dinh, K. T., Hayashino, D., Kawahara, D., Yokoyama, K., Le, P. L., & Ho, I. (2019). Journeys of Becoming a Feminist: Experiences of Asian American Women. APA 2019 Convention. Washington, DC.
• Tsoy, A., Rios-Vazquez, I., & Aziz, N. (March, 2019). The Wisdom of Immigrant Women: Journeys of Resilience. APA 2019 Convention. Washington, DC.
• Tsoy, A. (2019). Know-how: Travel as a Student but Work as a Professional. APA 2019 Convention. Washington, DC.
• Tsoy, A. (March, 2019). Be a Part of the I Am Psyched! Tour (Herstory). Association for Women in Psychology (AWP) Conference. Newport, RI.
• Tsoy, A. (March, 2019). The Wisdom of Immigrant Women: Journeys of Resilience. Association for Women in Psychology (AWP) Conference. Newport, RI.
• Tsoy, A. (February, 2019). The Role of Women in Uzbekistan. Gender Studies Conference. Lowell, MA.
• Tsoy, A. (January, 2019). In Miles-Cohen, S. symposium I am Psyched! Highlighting Women of Color in Psychology. National Multicultural Conference and Summit. Denver, CO.
• Tsoy, A. (June, 2018). In Chin, J. L. symposium International Leadership Network: Global and Diverse Leadership. 76th Annual Conference International Council of Psychologists. Montreal, QC, Canada.
• Miles-Cohen, S., Tsoy, A. (August, 2017). Use Social Media to Increase your Visibility and Boost your Professional Profile. APA 2017 Convention. Washington, DC.
• Mendonca, C., Tsoy, A., Lomovskaya, A., Thalji, N., & Tummala-Narra, P. (August, 2017). Foreigners Inside-Out Intra- and Interpsychic Conflicts of Foreign-Born Clinicians. Paper presentation. APA 2017 Convention. Washington, DC.
• Tsoy, A., Rios-Vazquez, I., & Aziz, N. (August, 2017). The Complex Identity of 21st Century Immigrant Women: “When they go low, We go high”. Poster presentation. APA 2017 Convention. Washington, DC.
• Rios-Vazquez, I., Tsoy, A., & Aziz, N. (March, 2017). The Complex Identity of 21st Century Immigrant Women: The Role of Positionality, Self-reflexivity, and Intersectionality. Association for Women in Psychology (AWP) Conference. Milwaukee, WI.
• Tsoy, A., Rios, I., Nahid, A., & Espin, O. (January, 2017). Making “Homeland” Somewhere Else: Analyzing the Experience of Crossing Borders and Reflecting on the Well-Being and Reconstruction of Identities. National Multicultural Summit. Portland, OR.
• Tsoy, A. (May, 2016). The Impact of Psychosocial Factors on Mental Health among Young Women in Central Asia Choosing Abortion. Poster presentation. Integrative Project Showcase at Teachers College, Columbia University. New York, NY
• Tsoy, A., Crawford, K. (August, 2016). Promoting Feminist and Gender Activism on Campus. Division 35 Suite program. APA 2016 Convention. Denver, CO
• Tsoy, A. (April, 2016). Immigration Journey: Power of 3S’s (Struggles, Strengths and Support). Workshop/Round Table. 2016 4W Summit on Women, Gender and well-being: Well-being & Empowerment: Wisconsin & the World. Madison, WI.
• Nahid, A., Kibour, Y., Rios, I., Tsoy, A., Espin, O., & Kaori, W. (March, 2016). The Wisdom of Immigrant Women: Transnational Feminist Concerns. Association for Women in Psychology 2016 Conference. Pittsburgh, PA.
• Tsoy, A., Zhakupova, G., Montgomery, A., Patnaik, S., & Chen, Q. (March 2016). What Feminism is? Women’s International Fellowship Week. International House, NYC.
• Tsoy, A. (November, 2015). Gendered Journeys: Formula of 3 S's (Struggles, Strengths and Support). Workshop/presentation. International Education Week: CTRL + ALT + DEL: (Re)thinking Global Education, New York, NY
• Bragin, V., Shereshevsky, G., Bragin, I., Vaysman, A., Slobod, E., & Tsoy, A. (July, 2015). N-back Task as a Paradigm for Working Memory Testing and Training in Dementia: Case Studies. Poster Presentation. Alzheimer’s Association International Conference. Washington D.C.
• Bragin, V., Shereshevsky, G., Bragin, I., Vaysman, A., Slobod, E., Silenko, T., Temnogorod, M., & Tsoy, A. (July 2015). Cognitive Assessment in Dementia: the Usefulness of the Expanded Version of Mini Mental Status Exam. Poster Presentation. Alzheimer’s Association International Conference. Washington D.C.
• Tsoy, A., (August, 2015). Project Development. Bella Abzug Leadership Institute. New York, NY.
• Tsoy, A. (April, 2015). Series of Online Empowerment Workshops: Leadership, Master’s Degree as an Edu.Path, Interview and Post-Interview Procedure & Empowering Speech Writing. Westminster University in Uzbekistan. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Online.
• Shapiro, R. G., Tsoy, A. (March, 2015). Using Human Factors Games to Promote Psychology as a Stem Discipline. Poster Presentation. Eastern Psychological Association Convention. Philadelphia, PA.
• Tsoy, A. (February, 2015). Statement of Purpose as a Tool to Present Yourself. The New York Institute of English and Business. New York, NY.
• Tsoy, A., Saparov, S. (2008, June). How to become a Volunteer, Teambuilding, Leadership skills and time management educational trainings. Summer Educational Camp “Kelajak Ovozi” (Voice of Future”). Karshi. Uzbekistan.
• Tsoy, A., Mun, Y. (2008, April). Volunteerism at Forum of Culture and Art of Uzbekistan Foundation. Annual Forum in Ecology of Uzbekistan. Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
• Tsoy, A., (2007, June). Brainstorming training, Social Projects and Its Presentation, Report and Feedback as a tool. Summer Educational Camp “Kelajak Ovozi” (“Voice of Future”). Bo’ston. Uzbekistan.
• Tsoy A., Povarich, (2007, April). Psychological Aspects in Students’ Life. Annual Olympiads in Psychology among non-psychology students. National University of Uzbekistan. Tashkent, Uzbekistan
• Tsoy, A., (2006, November). Global Ecology Catastrophe in Uzbekistan: Aral Sea. Annual Students Forum in Ecology National University of Uzbekistan. Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
• Tsoy, A., Nalibaev, Z. (2003, May). American impact (language, holidays, clubs) on Uzbek students. Inagurial Central Asia Secondary School Excellence Program Conference. Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Check Application Status