- October 4, 2017: Brad Morse Speaker Series, 2 - 3:30 p.m., O'Leary Library Room 222, Talk title, "North Korea, Nuclear Weapons and War" with Jim Walsh, Ph.D., MIT, Security Studies Program.
- October 10, 2017: What about Graduate School? Q&A Meeting, Tuesday from 7 - 8:30 p.m., Professor Joshua Dyck and professor Jenifer Whitten-Woodring are hosting a What about Graduate School? questions and answer meeting on Tuesday October 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Dugan 203. If you want to learn more about how to get into graduate school, how to decide if you should pursue a master's degree or a Ph.D., if you should take time off, or if you should start right from undergraduate school to graduate school, then this meeting is for you!
- October 10, 2017: A Constitution Day Talk, 3:30 - 7 p.m., O'Leary Library Room 222, Speaker Morgan Marietta, Associate professor of Political Science at UML and author of "A Citizen's Guide to the Constitution and the Supreme Court. Talk will focus on recent dramatic changes at the Court--what Scalia's passing will mean; what Gorsuch will likely do on the Court; and the recent controversy over the nomination process (Garland v. Gorsuch). This event is free and open to the public.
- November 7, 2017: Politics & Sports, 5:30 - 7 p.m., O'Leary Library Room 222, Talk title, Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain, rather than Politics and Sports. Speakers: John J. Ratey, MD, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and author of Spark & Kathleen Tullie, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, Reebok International and Founder and Executive Director of BOKS, Build Our Kids Success. Please contact Jeffrey_Gerson@uml.edu if you have questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- September 21, 2017: New Student Welcome Day, 6 - 7:30 p.m., O'Leary Library Mezzanine Room 270, food and gifts.
- May 11, 2017: Senior Awards Banquet, 530 - 7:30 p.m., Inn & Conference Center, 50 Warren Street, Lowell, MA.
- April 20, 2017: Pi Sigma Alpha Honors Induction, 4 - 6 p.m., O'Leary Library Mezzanine Room 270, South Campus.
- April 12, 2017: Political Science Policy Debate, 6 - 8 p.m., O'Leary Library Room 222, South campus, food and prizes.
- April 10, 2017: Political Science Policy Debate, 6 - 8 p.m., O'Leary Library Room 222, South campus, food and prizes.
- April 5, 2017: Brad Morse Series Speaker, 2 - 3:30 p.m., O'Leary Library Room 222, South campus, Featuring Speaker Kimberly Theidon from Tufts University.
- March 30, 2017: Political Science Career Panel, 2 - 3:15 p.m. Dugan Hall Room 208, South Campus.
Please contact Ardeth_Thawnghmung@uml.edu for all event questions.