Skip to Main Content

Alcohol Beverage Request Form

The University of Massachusetts Lowell (UMass Lowell) prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages in all workplace and academic settings and all UMass Lowell-controlled buildings and properties, except for specifically sponsored UMass Lowell events in designated areas and only by those individuals of legal Massachusetts drinking age. In addition, while on UMass Lowell-controlled property, the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, use and/or sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited.

Any UMass Lowell-sponsored event that includes alcoholic beverages must be approved by the Chancellor or her designee.

Organizers of an event, who intend to offer alcoholic beverages on campus, must submit a request for approval to Hospitality & Event Services by using this form. Once an event, that intends to provide alcohol, has been approved, the event sponsors must have assurance from the contracted catering service that all applicable licenses and/or any permits are in place prior to the date of the event. All costs associated with the procurement of a permit to provide alcohol beverages for a charge are the responsibility of the event sponsor.
Contact Information

Event/ Meeting Information

Type of Bar
For cash bars, Aramark must secure a city license. Such requests should be made at least four weeks prior to event”. this can be the last item on the form.