ENRICHING ESSENTIAL LEARNING OUTCOMES (E2LO) INITIATIVE - REWARDS APPLICATION
In an effort to recognize students for their engagement in E2LO Events, students may apply to be considered for reward incentives that complement the mission and goals of the E2LO Initiative.
The Division of Student Affairs and University Events, in partnership with Academic Affairs, developed the E2LO Initiative, to support student attainment of the university’s Essential Learning Outcomes. The goal of this partnership is to build connections between the core outcomes that students achieve in the classroom and the events and experiences that enrich such learning beyond the classroom.
By attending E2LO Events, students accrue Competency Hours, which can be found on each student's individual Student Dashboard. Competency Hours, along with the quality of this application, will afford students the opportunity to submit evidence that showcases their engagement and learning as a result of attending and engaging with E2LO Events.
In order to be considered for receiving rewards, students must successfully complete a two part application process:
Submit your application, articulating the relevant, tangible impacts you have had or contributions you have made as a direct result of your participation with E2LO Events and Experiences. The application will collect basic information about involvement hours, ELO relevancy, and outcomes.
The E2LO Rewards Committee will review all applications and choose finalists by late April. Finalists will be invited to participate in Part 2 of the application.
Finalists will invited to participate in an in person interview in early April to determine reward recipients.
- Reward recipients will be notified the week of April 30, 2018.
Rewards will include:
- 2 students will each win a $500 Book Voucher
- 10 students will win $100 in River Hawk Dollars for Dining on Campus
It is recommended that students spend time working on their application in a Microsoft Word.doc (or similar program) to ensure quality applications are submitted. The application should take 45-minutes to an hour to complete.
The open response questions of the application are below - please copy into Word, answer the questions thoughtfully and with tangible examples, and then, please copy your responses to the question prompts onto the application (see link above):
- In your opinion, what is the purpose of the E2LO Intiative? Why is it important? (50-100 words)
- Please describe what tangible impacts to the University have come about as a direct result of your participation in an E2LO event. (50-100 words)
- Please describe how have you utilized the skills gained from attending E2LO events outside of the classroom. (50-100 words)
- Which Essential Learning Outcome best fits the the focus of this application? (Select one):
- Diversity and Cultural Awareness (DCA): Be a thoughtful, aware citizen of the global community.
- Information Literacy (IL): Find, evaluate, and synthesize information effectively and persuasively.
- Social Responsibility and Ethics (SRE): Shape the world to improve life in your community and beyond.
- Written and Oral Communication (WOC): Express ideas to professional peers with purpose and clarity.
- Quantitative Literacy (QL): Be skilled in the many forms and varieties of numerical analysis.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (CTPS): Evaluate ideas and evidence rationally to produce and implement solutions.
- Applied and Integrative Learning (AIL): Synthesize knowledge and abilities in meaningful practice.
- Based on your selection above, please describe how you have gained an understanding of this Essential Learning Outcome (approximately 100 words):
- In essay format, please describe how has attending E2LO Events and taking classes linked to an Essential Learning Outcome impacted your college experience? (350-500 words)
- What legacy do you want to leave behind upon graduation? (50-100 words)
For more information, please email: Kevin Soleil or Leslie Wong.