Course: 25.108 Introduction to Engineering II (Mechanical Engineering)
Semester: Spring 2009
Instructor: Sammy Shina
Partner:Greater Lowell Technical High School (GLTHS)
The presentation to technical high school students was about solar energy fundamentals, development, economics and future trends. Students also talked about specific impact on careers in solar energy especially in the trades. The students presented a technical report to the course instructor on solar energy and a power point presentation to the Lowell Technical Regional High School.
Learning objectives met by the S-L project were for students to:
- The use of Microsoft office e Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- The use of programming language MatLab.
- The development of presentation skills and written and oral communications
Community objectives met by the S-L project:
- Increase the awareness of technical high school students of new technologies, green processes, solar energy and career opportunities in these technologies for electricians and plumbers, as well as other trades.
- Introduce engineering disciplines to the high school students
- Opportunities for HS students to learn about college