What is it?
- Offered to undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Engineering and students enrolled in other Colleges*
- Set of five required subject-area courses, plus two elective courses
- Two elective courses are “tuned” for a specialization, or track
- Several courses may also count as core, or technical electives
- The net additional course work varies from a minimum of THREE to a maximum of SIX additional courses
*Students enrolled in degree programs outside the College to Engineering are not precluded from the Energy Engineering Minor, but must meet the pre-requisites for the required courses.
Why should I enroll in this?
- Provides key competency in the highly interdisciplinary energy area
- Provides a competitive advantage when searching for employment
- Provides an opportunity to interact with other departments within the College of Engineering
- Allows an easy transition into a later graduate programs - successful completion of this minor will allow you to pursue graduate studies in the distinctive Energy Engineering program, or national or international doctoral program
Courses for a Minor in Energy Engineering
For the latest course information please refer to the UMass Lowell online academic catalog.
How do I enroll in this minor?
- File a Declaration of Minor form with the College of Engineering before registering for 300-level courses
- Indicate your intention to pursue this Minor with your Faculty Advisor, Robert Parkin, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Immediately after registering for the final courses which complete the minor, file an academic petition with the Office of Enrollment Services approved by the College of Engineering.