Minor in Business Administration
What is it?
- Focused set of five required courses plus two elective courses
- Provides valuable management training which is very desirable in industry
- Offered by the Manning School of Business for undergraduate students in engineering
- Two elective courses are management-oriented courses which are “tuned” to each Engineering Department’s needs
- Depending on the Department, several of the courses may also count as core, Technical and/or Design electives
- The net additional course work varies depending on the Department, from a minimum of THREE to a maximum of FIVE additional courses (which may be taken online or during the summer)
- Download a brochure (pdf)
Why should I enroll in this?
- Provides a competitive advantage when searching for employment
- Provides training which will likely lead to more rapid job advancement
- Allows an easy transition into a later MBA programs - successful completion of this Business Minor will allow you to reduce the UMass Lowell MBA from 16 down to 10 courses (pending individual course approval by the Manning School of Business)
Courses For Engineers in the Minor in Business Administration
This Minor is offered by the Manning School of Business in conjunction with the College of Engineering.
For the latest course information please consult the UMass Lowell online Academic Catalog.
How do I enroll in this minor?
- File a Declaration of Minor form with the Manning School of Business before registering for 300 level courses
- Indicate your intention to pursue this Minor with your Engineering Faculty Advisor
Immediately after registering for the final courses which complete the minor, file an academic petition with the Office of Enrollment Services approved by the CoM.