Combined B.S.E./ M.S.E. Program
Fast Track to an Advanced Degree
The Mechanical Engineering Department offers a combined B.S.E./M.S.E. program that is available to its own undergraduates with a minimum 3.0 grade-point average achieved at the end of their junior year. Application for the B.S.E./M.S.E. program should be made to the graduate coordinator by the end of the junior year.
If you are eligible, we urge you to apply. Even if you are accepted, you are in no way committed to enter the program. Plus, program acceptance increases your options at graduation.
Benefits of the combined program:
- The graduate application fee is waived.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is waived.
- Two graduate courses are taken in the senior year and the six credits obtained are applied to the B.S.E. degree requirements. In addition, if you achieve a grade of B or better obtained in these courses they can also be applied to the M.S.E. degree requirements. Students may take additional graduate courses as a B.S.E. student. However, only six credits can be counted toward both degrees.
- If you are on the thesis option in the M.S.E. you may be eligible for a TA (Teaching Assistantship) or an RA (Research Assistantship).
- You end up getting two degrees (B.S.E. and M.S.E.) from this program.