Curriculum & Instruction
Elizabeth Bifuh-Ambe’s interests include Clinical Diagnosis and Assessment for Literacy, Literacy Development (k-12), Content Area Literacy
Multicultural Education, English as Second Language (ESL/ELL)
BA: Modern Letters, University of Yaoundé, Cameroon
MS: Post-Graduate Diploma in Education, Ecole Normale Superieure, Yaounde, Cameroon, BA
MS: Curriculum and Instruction, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg
Ph.D. in Education, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS
1. Bifuh-Ambe Elizabeth (Spring 2009). Literacy skills acquisition and use: A study of an English language learner (ELL) in a U.S. university context. Adult Basic Education and Literacy Journal: Volume 3. Number 1; pp 24-33.
2. Bifuh-Ambe Elizabeth & Reid-Griffin Angelia (Spring 2009). "Using Concept Maps in Instructional Planning: An Innovative Approach to Teaching Pre-Service Educators,” South Eastern Teacher Education Journal; Vol. 2, No. 2 pp.167-180.
3. Academic Podcast: (2007) Inviting reluctant readers to the literacy club: Some comprehensive strategies to tutor individual or small groups of reluctant readers. From article published in the Journal of Adolescence and Adult Literacy selected by IRA podcast initiative to reach new, wider and possibly younger audience.”
4. Bifuh-Ambe, E. (2007): Inviting reluctant readers to the literacy club: Some comprehensive strategies to tutor individual or small groups of reluctant readers. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy, 50(8), 632-638.
5. Bifuh-Ambe, E. B. (2006) Fostering multicultural appreciation in pre-service teachers through multicultural curricular transformation. Teaching and Teacher Education: An International Journal of Research and Studies, Cardiff, UK 2 (6) 690-699.
6. Ambe, E. B., Falconer, R., Leewer, S. (2004). Content area reading: A study of an English Second Language college student. Journal of Content Area Reading. Content Area Reading Special Interest Group International Reading Association3(1) 37-69.
Membership in Professional Organizations:
IRA: International Reading Association
Kappa Delta Pi: International Honor Society in Education
NCARE (North Carolina Association for Research inf Education)